“Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself.”-John Adams
Like ancient Rome, the great American experiment with democracy is showing signs of demise. Historically, when the productive are out-voted by the parasites, it signals the decline of a country.
The Roman Empire crumbled when politicians pacified citizens with superficial forms of government hand-outs (bread) and shallow forms of distractions like vast stadiums where Christians were thrown to the lions (circuses). In modern times Tim Tebow was sent to play in New York.
In 100 AD, satirist Decimus Juvenal in Satires X fittingly pointed out that society ends when voters are pacified by politicians with “bread and circuses.” Caesar doled out cushy government jobs, subsidized housing and bought the votes of the underclass with grain: the “bread” in “bread and circuses.”
Read More Here
Even though the United States has the highest incarceration rate and the largest total prison population in the world by a very wide margin, hundreds of communities all over America are being overwhelmed by crime and violence. For many years, violent crime had actually decreased in the United States, but now the trend is going the other way. Violent crime in the U.S. increased in both 2011 and 2012, and it is being projected that it will increase in 2013 as well. The frightening thing is that crime statistics are going up even though police departments in some major cities have publicly announced that they will not even respond to certain crimes anymore. This has the effect of making crime statistics look lower than they actually should be. For example, in the city of Chicago police will no longer respond in person “to 911 calls reporting vehicle theft, garage burglary or simple assault”. So if someone steals your car or breaks into your garage, you can file a report over the phone if you want, but it probably won’t do much good. (Read More….)
One nation under Allah. On July 31, 2013, Imam Talib Shareef of Masjid Muhammad in Washington, D.C., opened a session of the United States Congress with a prayer on Capitol Hill. This is the America that Obama has been working so hard to create.
Read More Here
School officials in Florida are defending a textbook that declares Muhammad as the “Messenger of God” after critics accused an Islamic education group of launching a stealth jihad in American public school classrooms.
The Prentice World History textbook being used in Brevard Public Schools includes a 36-page chapter on Islam but no chapters on Christianity or Judaism.
The “international community” otherwise known as: the world, just can’t stop stomping its feet in the middle Israel’s business. The fact that Jerusalem is split by the 1949 Armistice line called “The Green Line,” in and of itself proves that the world has chosen to make Jerusalem a burdensome stone, just as the prophet Zechariah foretold.
“And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it” (Zechariah 12:3).
The world cannot understand Israel because it cannot understand God.
There is an organic connection between liberalism and lies. Lying is the lifeblood and mother’s milk of liberalism. Liberals and the left lie effortlessly and naturally. They are far more comfortable with lies than the truth. Speaking the truth is almost impossibility for them. It’s in their DNA.
The fraudulently labeled “Affordable Care Act” is typical of the millions of lies liberals have told over the years. President Obama and Democrats made promises and predictions they knew were untrue. They lied about what motivated the embassy attacks in Egypt and Libya. They lied, and continue to lie, without a second thought and without the slightest remorse.
Praise heals brokenness in a way words alone cannot. When we praise through our pain, God supernaturally empowers us to do what seems impossible: rise above our circumstances. Our praise redirects our focus on Him rather than our rejection, and reminds us that God always welcomes us into His presence.
Praising God is easy when life is full of happiness and success. However, when we’re dealing with rejection, praising God can be difficult; it can feel like a sacrifice.
This is going to be a difficult article to write. I have never before publicly shared this story. It will be misunderstood by some and misused by others. So, it is important that I begin by making some clarifying statements.
1. I have many friends, good friends, who hold to the continuation of the extraordinary spiritual gifts seen in the Word of God during the Apostolic Age of the Church. While I hold to a Cessationist theological construct, I do not determine friendships based on a person’s agreement or disagreement with me on this issue. I used to determine friendships this way, many years ago, but God has allowed me to grow up and mature since then.
2. I do not question the genuineness of someone’s faith in Jesus Christ because they hold a Non-Cessationist position regarding the continuation and application of spiritual gifts.
3. I will be critical in this article about what I believe are unbiblical behaviors I’ve seen with my own eyes. This does not mean I am mocking genuine Christians who believe all of the spiritual gifts are extant and functioning in the Church, today.
4. I hope this article/testimony will serve as an encouragement to all Christian, cessationists and non-cessationists. I hope this article/testimony will encourage my Christian brethren to turn to the Word of God and allow His Truth to be the final arbiter of whether or not what I experienced was of the Holy Spirit or another spirit, entirely.
5. I’ve wanted to write this article for years, but the time has not seemed right until now. Monitoring the back-and-forth between Pastor John MacArthur and Dr. Michael Brown, as well as some of the talk about the upcoming Strange Fire conference (which I am attending), serve as part of the motivation for this article/testimony.
Read More Here: http://www.crossencounters.us/2013/07/spiritual-heroin-and-blasphemy-of-holy.html
Over the past decade, youth ministry has benefited from insightful analysis about the church’s inability to raise lasting disciples of Christ. Amid the many factors contributing to teenage wandering from the faith, none is more critical than the absence of the full gospel in youth ministry. Simply put, too often our youth hear a gospel with strings attached.
Whether explicitly or implicitly, students hear: “God loves you, but you need to do x, y, and z.” “Yes, Jesus died for your sins, but you must _____.” In other words, “God loves you, but there’s still work left to do to merit or maintain his full acceptance.” This message undermines the complete work of Christ on the cross and ramps up the performance treadmill for young Christians naturally bent toward legalism in the early stages of their faith.
Read More Here: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2013/08/07/no-strings-attached-preaching-a-gospel-of-grace/
Scripture: “The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
A friend of mine just told me about a television show she likes. She said, “When I find something really good, I get excited, and I want to tell my friends about it.” What about you? is there anything you think is really wonderful, which you want to tell people about?
Just for You
Who needs salvation — is there any person who does not need to look to Jesus for redemption? Click the link to learn more about God’s salvation in the God’s Great News for Man’s Great Problem series.
Do you know someone whose heart needs to be softened by the Holy Spirit, and you need help telling them about Christ’s salvation? We have trained followers of Jesus who can help you figure it out! Click here to share your story with us. You will hear from someone shortly.
Will you pray this week:
• You will remember to thank God for providing a plan of salvation
• God will help you choose five people to minister to
• God will soften the hearts of the five you pray for
• You will be bold in sharing God’s Good News and love
• Your five people will accept salvation
Where can you go online to discuss sharing God’s Good News of redemption? Visit the GodLife Facebook Page where we can gather daily to share our stories, to express ourselves, and to pray for one another!