By Chris Lawson (Excerpt, May 2014 SRN Newsletter)
Click here to read personal introduction and May Newsletter (PDF)
- “That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat [as if it were good grade]?” (Amos 8:6)
- “And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.” (2 Peter 2:3)
- “Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.” (Jude 1:11)
- “No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” (Luke 16:13)
- Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest [allow/tolerate] that woman Jezebel…”. (Revelation 2:20a, KJV)
The following question is a very unpopular one, but it must be asked – publicly! Why? Because almost nothing is being done about the growing compromises in a number of Calvary Chapel walk-in and online church bookstores. Bad products are mixed with the good, in order to reap a profit. God’s perspective on compromises like this are revealed to us in Scripture, but first, let us look at the issues.
Is anyone from the Calvary Chapel Association Leadership Council going to publicly denounce the Calvary Chapel bookstores that are making merchandise of God’s people, through the provision and/or sale of materials containing aberrant and false doctrines?
This is a very serious question, is it not? Unless Christian leaders – in this case Calvary Chapel leaders – express biblical concerns and rebuke fellow leaders for allowing this to happen, things within Calvary Chapel will continue to proceed from bad to worse.
Tolerating evil for the sake of gain
Any pastor that allows heresy to be sold through their church bookstore is sure to incite the displeasure of our Lord Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, somewhere down the line it appears that some Calvary Chapel leaders have forgotten about Jesus Christ’s hatred towards the open “toleration” of false doctrine and evil in the midst of His Church. Jesus rebuked the toleration of evil when it was seducing His Church:
Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest [allow/tolerate] that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. (Revelation 2:20, KJV)
Is tolerating heretical materials in a Christian church bookstore just as bad as tolerating a false prophetess? Indeed, it is! The doctrines of demons that false prophetesses and false prophets pen today and call “Christian” is still aberrant and heretical, even when it is touted as being “Christian.” Do you want to see just what church leaders are leading their congregations into? All you have to do is take a thorough look at what is being sold through a church’s own bookstore. Church bookstore inventory speaks volumes about what the church leaders allow to go over for grain in the famine.
READ ENTIRE ARTICLE and see DOCUMENTATION VIDEOS and LINKS