The topic of the debate was on the grounding of morality – which worldview (theism or atheism) is better at grounding morality?
And here is the MP3 for the cross-examination only, which is what I will be summarizing. (12.5 Mb)
Turek’s cross-examination period starts at 74m22s and ends at 89m20s.
Shermer’s cross-examination period starts at 89m50s and ends at 105m0s.
Topics of Turek’s cross-examination:
- evolution produces Shermer’s moral sense and Hitler’s moral sense
- why does Shermer think his is better than Hitler’s, since both were produced by the same evolution?
- what makes right or wrong if evolution is the source of morality?
- why is Stalin’s opinion of right and wrong less valuable than the herd’s opinion of right and wrong?
- do the Founding Fathers ground inalienable rights in a Creator…
View original post 1,217 more words