If you claim to represent God, but refuse to live by His moral laws, please leave the church and stop lying to everyone! Enough. This story is both heartbreaking and disturbing, but darkness must be exposed, and wicked men must finally be held accountable. Those who commit or condone evil have again given Jesus a black eye.
Tragically, the Roman Catholic Church has known all about it: decades of sexual abuse and yet, they covered-up extensive abuse by its leaders – abuse that has robbed children of their innocence, further tarnished the church’s image, and destroyed countless thousands of lives. This is a gut-wrenching and sickening story.
First, some headlines:
- A History of Cover-ups in Boston Archdiocese
- Church Allowed Abuse by Priests for Years
- Gay Sex, Booze Scandal, Shakes Boston Seminary
- Scores of Priests Involved in Sex Abuse Scandals
- Report details sexual abuse by over 300 priests in PA’s Catholic Church
- ‘Predator Priests’ Named In PA Grand Jury Sex Abuse Report
- Priests molested 1,000 children in Pennsylvania, report says
Our purpose as Christians is to know and obey God, to make disciples and make Him known by preaching the gospel, and to be light in the world – essentially to transform culture. The Catholic Church however, has again cast a thick, dark veil over the cross of Christ and the truth of His resurrection.