See, amid the winter’s snow,
Born for us on earth below,
See the tender Lamb appears,
Promised from eternal years.
Hail, thou ever blessed morn!
Hail, redemption’s happy dawn!
Sing through all Jerusalem,
Christ is born in Bethlehem.
Lo, within a manger lies
He who built the starry skies:
He who, throned in height sublime,
Sits amid the cherubim.
Say, ye holy shepherds, say,
What your joyful news today?
Wherefore have ye left your sheep
On the lonely mountain steep?
“As we watched at dead of night,
Lo! we saw a wondrous light;
Angels singing, peace on earth,
Told us of the Saviour’s birth.”
Sacred Infant, all divine,
What a tender love was thine,
Thus to come from highest bliss
Down to such a world as this!
Teach, O teach us, holy Child,
By thy face so meek and mild,
Teach us to resemble thee,
In thy sweet humility.
Other hymns, worship songs, or quotes for this Sunday:
- Hark! A Thrilling Voice Is Sounding at The Upward Call
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence at Tried With Fire
- The Wexford Carol at The Happy Wonderer
- I Heard the Bells at The Outspoken Tulip
- Lord’s Day 50, 2018 at The Thirsty Theologian