Question, what’s a nativity scene without the 3 Wise Men? Answer, the truth. In the Bible, the wise men from the east never went to the manger, by the time they got there Jesus was a “young child” and living in a house with his mother.
There are so many things about the birth of Jesus and the holiday of Christmas that Christians all know to be true, except for the fact that they are not true. Christmas in 2018, the satanic counterfeit of Santa Clausnotwithstanding, bears little resemblance to events surrounding the birth of Jesus in the Bible, which occurred roughly around the year 4 BC. This article will endeavour to set the record straight.
“And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.” Luke 2:15-17 (KJV)
I believe that the truth about the birth of Jesus in the manger is much more interesting than the fables and half-truths being promoted by most Christian and Catholic churches today. So without any further ado, let’s get right into it.
Here Are 7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The Birth Of Jesus
- JESUS AND JOHN THE BAPTIST WERE COUSINS:Mary and Elisabeth were cousins to each other, and they became pregnant about 6 months apart from each other. Mary from the Holy Ghost, and Elisabeth from her husband Zacharias. Mary would give birth to Jesus, and Elisabeth would give birth to John the Baptist. This would make Jesus and John first cousins once removed. “And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. For with God nothing shall be impossible.” Luke 1:34-37 (KJV)
- JESUS WAS ONLY ONE OF MANY CHILDREN MARY WOULD HAVE: It is a fact that Mary, the young Jewish girl, was impregnated by God himself, and gave birth to baby Jesus while still being a virgin. The Bible declares this to be true in both Testaments. But what a lot of people, especially Catholics, gloss right over is that the Bible does notrefer to Jesus as Mary’s “only child”, but rather as her “firstborn” child. The call someone a “firstborn” child is proof positive that other children from the same mother followed. “Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.” Matthew 1:24,25 (KJV). The gospel of Mark records that Mary would go on to give birth to at least 6 other children with Joseph, 4 of which are named in Mark 6. “Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.” Mark 6:3 (KJV). And Old Testament prophecy in Psalm 69 also records that Jesus had brothers and sisters. “I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother’s children. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.”Psalm 69:8,9 (KJV). Mary did not remain a virgin while she lived on Earth, and she most certainly is not the “perpetual virgin” found in Roman Catholic mythology. The Bible clearly calls Jesus and John cousins and it clearly shows us that Jesus also had brothers and sisters. It uses a different word for cousin as it does for siblings.
- THE WISE MEN FROM THE EAST DIDN’T USE ASTROLOGY: Ask any Christian about how the wise men from the East knew how to find Jesus, and they will quickly tell you they were following Old Testament prophecy. Then ask them to show you exactly which prophecy that was, and you will likely not get an answer quickly, if at all. But the Star that guided the wise men is found in the book of Numbers. “He hath said, which heard the words of God, and knew the knowledge of the most High, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open: I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.” Numbers 24:16,17 (KJV). They knew within a two year period when the child would be born because Daniel tells you when that would happen. “Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.” Daniel 9:25 (KJV). The type of “star” that guided them is found in Revelation 1. “The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.” Revelation 1:20 (KJV). The star led them right over to the house where the young child Jesus was living. “When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.” Matthew 2:10 (KJV). The wise men didn’t need to use any astrology charts of any kind, as they were led personally there by the angels of God Himself.
- THE WISE MEN NEVER MADE IT TO THE MANGER: Question, what’s a nativity scene without the 3 Wise Men? Answer, the truth. In the Bible, the wise men from the east never went to the manger, by the time they got there Jesus was a “young child” and living in a house with his mother. “When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young childwas. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.” Matthew 2:9,11 (KJV). In order for Jesus to meet the wise men as a “young child” he would probably have been at least two to three years old. Also, the wise men come to a house, not to a barn, stable or manger. You will further note that the wise men, who were sent to Jesus by God, never once paid the least bit of homage to Jesus’ mother, Mary. I find it interesting that the Catholic Church puts Mary into such a high and lofty position, yet we never see Mary treated this way in the Bible.
- THE GIFTS GIVEN TO JESUS REPRESENT HIS THREE OFFICES: Jesus was born to live as a prophet and die on the cross as a sacrifice. He returned to Heaven where He has been administering the office of High Priest intercessor for the Church Age, and He is coming again at the Second Coming as King of Kings. The wise men gave Jesus three gifts of myrrh, frankincense and gold. The ‘bitter perfume‘ of myrrh represented the death He would suffer as a prophet. It is given to Him at His birth, given to Him on the cross, and His body is wrapped in linen clothes containing “myrrh and aloes”. The frankincense was a crucial part of Temple worship dating back to the Law of Moses, and is connected to the functions of the High Priest. The Song of Solomon, prophesying about Jesus, shows us again how myrrh and frankincense are connected to His ministry. “Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?” Song of Solomon 3:6 (KJV). The third gift, gold, is connected to the kingship of Jesus. “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.” Revelation 3:18 (KJV).
- THERE WAS A GLOBAL TAX AT HIS BIRTH AND WILL BE AGAIN AT HIS RETURN: The not inspired version NIV calls it a census, the deadly RSV and the ASV call it an enrollment, and the sneaky and deceptive NKJV calls it a registration. But the Holy Spirit-inspired King James Bible calls it exactly for what it was,a tax. “And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. (And this taxingwas first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.”Luke 1:1-5 (KJV). Why is this important? Because a tax is not the same as a census or any of the others, it is a specific action where the government forces its citizens to give them money. When you remove this reference, you also wash away the very important prophetic links that are attached to it. Rome is a type of the government of Antichrist, anything coming out of Rome in the Bible is always evil, and this type picture of Antichrist’s government is exacting a global tax just prior to the birth of baby Jesus. The book of Daniel tells us that one of the things that precedes the Second Coming is a world ruler who institutes a global tax. “Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle. And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.”Daniel 11:20,21 (KJV). And how will that global tax be enforced? By forcing people to take the Mark of the Beast, that’s how. “And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16,17 (KJV). So when Luke tells us about a global tax, he is giving us prophecy from both Testaments about Jesus’ first and second comings. It’s also an excellent example of rightly dividing.
- JESUS WASN’T BORN ON THE 25TH OR IN DECEMBER: There is nothing in the Bible to lead us to believe that Jesus was born on any day in December, so why do we celebrate it on that day? Because the celebration of Christmas, or Christ’s Mass, is a Roman Catholic invention. The Catholic Church chose December 25th because it was the pagan celebration of Saturnalia. They simple added magic “christian” pixie dust to it and WHAMMO! you have Christmas. Now we can debate if you like over whether or not Christmas is a pagan holiday or not, but there is no debate that Christmas, Christ’s Mass, is a Roman Catholic holiday. In the waning days of the evil Roman empire, a type of the government of Antichrist, they realized that Roman rule had an expiration date attached to it. So in order to preserve their legacy, pagan Rome took over biblical Christianity and became papal Rome. This rule by papacy would last from approximately 350 AD to 1500 AD, a period of time we rightly refer to as the Dark Ages. So when was Jesus born? The Bible doesn’t say outright, but by comparing scripture with scripture, I would place my bet on the birth of Jesus taking place on the Feast of Tabernacleswhich happens on or around the 23rd of September.
As you can see, the real meaning of “christmas” has nothing to do with being nice to each other, giving each other gifts, or any other such nonsense. The only people observing holidays like this in the first century were the pagans, none of the people who knew Jesus personally ever celebrated the day of His birth. There was simply no reason to do so. Sadly, in our day, Christmas is not about the birth of Jesus, but rather about a “spirit of Christmas” which is a humanistic, man-centered event that leaves the actual Jesus outside the door and knocking to be let in.