Oprah and/or Marianne Williamson Running for President?
|New Age leaders enter presidential politics
|Williamson visits Iowa before 2020 presidential caucuses
Eleven years ago on January 3, 2008 this blog reported that Oprah Winfrey was providing a highly visible platform for her longtime friend Marianne Williamson to teach New Age spirituality to the masses. Here is how Warren B. Smith described this pivotal event:
On New Year’s Day, New Age leader Marianne Williamson got the new year off to a rousing start on Oprah & Friends XM Radio as she began to systematically teach the New Age principles of A Course in Miracles…. Both Oprah Winfrey and Marianne Williamson have openly stated that they believe the principles of A Course in Miracles can change the world.(1)
“As previously posted on this site, A Course in Miracles is reputedly “new revelation” from “Jesus,” channeled through a university professor in New York City by the name of Helen Schucman. A Course in Miracles is actually the Bible turned upside-down, as it teaches that “a slain Christ has no meaning” and that “the journey to the cross should be the last useless journey.” Its teachings state that “there is no sin” and that “the recognition of God is the recognition of yourself.”…
“When Marianne Williamson stated on her New Year’s Day program that the chief purpose of A Course in Miracles “is the dismantling of a thought system based on fear,” she was clearly referring to dismantling the traditional teachings of biblical Christianity. According to A Course in Miracles and the New Age/New Spirituality, the Bible is a fear-based thought system because it preaches an “angry” and “wrathful God.” Also, in the upside-down worldview of the New Age, it is “fearful” and “unloving” to deny the divinity of humanity and to not see everyone as “God” and “Christ.”
|Oprah campaign T-shirts available HERE 
Fast forward to today. Oprah’s pal Marianne Williamson is exploring running for President! And speculation is rising that Oprah Winfrey might run, too!
This political action on the part of leading New Age proponents is indicative of a master plan that they began to fulfill shortly after the events of 9/11. Coming out with an overtly religious/political agenda was Neale Donald Walsch, Gary Zukov, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Barbara Marx Hubbard and others. Their platform represents a New Age form of Dominionism. They intend to radically transform global spirituality as an essential component of gaining political power.
Warren Smith documented their early religious/political work in his 2002 book Reinventing Jesus Christ: The New Gospel. He followed up his initial report with online Updates to each chapter. And a few years later he published the information again in his book False Christ Coming: Does Anybody Care? Smith has reported on their original political committee, which they called The Global Renaissance Alliance, later renamed The Peace Alliance in 2005. It is described as a “citizen-based network of spiritual activists” whose “mission is to make a stand in our local and national communities for the role of spiritual principle in solving the problems of the world.” Note the mix of spirituality with politics in this mission statement. Warren Smith also wrote that Marianne Williamson was “greatly inspired by a book entitled Spiritual Politics” written by Corinne McLaughlin and Gordon Davidson.
Concurrent with her bid to run for President, Marianne Williamson is launching a new book on April 23, 2019 titled A Politics of Love: A Handbook for a New American Revolution. Her book is being described as a “powerful spiritual manifesto.” This is just the latest in a several books that Marianne Williamson has written to mix her brand of spirituality with politics. Regarding her first book in this genre, Healing the Soul of America, Warren Smith provided insightful background information:
The [Global Renaissance] Alliance presents itself as a “grassroots” organization of everyday folks, but it is important to remember that it is spearheaded by a high level group of New Age leaders. These New Age leaders are operating from a spiritual blueprint channeled from the spirit world years ago by esotericist and occultist Alice Bailey, the author of many channeled books and teachings. Bailey’s original blueprint is being continually affirmed and updated by the more recent “new revelations” received by Schucman, Hubbard, Walsch, Creme and others. Williamson as much as admits the occult foundation of the New Age/New Gospel movement by using words that are the title of an Alice Bailey book, The Destiny of the Nations. She also borrows a term frequently used by Maitreya when she describes the “Great Work” of which she is a part. In a revealing passage in her book, Healing the Soul of America, Williamson writes:
Beyond the appearances of history, there is a great and glorious unfolding plan for the destiny of nations. According to the mystical traditions, God carries this plan within His mind, seeking always, in every way, channels for its furtherance. His plan for the evolution of humanity, and the preparation of teachers to guide it, is called within the esoteric traditions the Great Work.
| Marianne Williamson’s announcement on Twitter
Williamson is serious, even though in the current political scope of Democrat Party presidential political realities she barely shows up on the radar screen. Yet, she has made a few ripples. In fact, she has been quite ambitious politically over the past decade. In 2014 she ran for Congress in California’s 33rd District but didn’t win. A news article at that time listed her bio as:
In addition to her career as a writer, Williamson works in several other capacities. She is the emeritus chair for The Peace Alliance, an organization dedicated to promoting a culture of peace; facilitator of Sister Giant seminars, designed to promote “a higher level of contribution among those of us who want to increase our efficacy as activist and/or candidate, in order to uplift the tenor of American politics and in so doing help heal the world”; and a teacher of A Course in Miracles, a course of study that assists people in relinquishing a thought system based on fear and embracing one based on love.
Williamson also founded Sister Giant, a “grassroots” movement calling itself an “Intersection of Spirituality & Politics, ” which recently announced her launch of a presidential exploratory committee. Notice the words on the poster below:
|Sister Giant documents are archived on the Internet
Launching a “Great Resistance” Revolution
Assisting Marianne Williamson in this “Great Work,” which she has referred to as the “Great Resistance”, are well-known key figures on the political Left. Williamson’s 2017 Sister Giant conference depicted above featured a keynote by Sen. Bernie Sanders. An earlier 2015 Sister Giant online seminar, “Awakening Our Conscience, Restoring Our Democracy,” featured Sen. Bernie Sanders, Rep. Keith Ellison, former U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich and his wife Elizabeth, and other notables. In 2018 Williamson embarked on her Love America Tour traveling widely across America promoting her spiritualized political agenda based on the words of Mahatma Gandhi, “Politics should be sacred.”
She and her New Age Leftist friends have been cooking up this religious/political mixture for a long time, especially working together on their so-called “peace” agenda. Kucinich helped to launch a cabinet level Peace Department, and on April 8, 2003 introduced a bill to establish it. In 2010 Williamson appeared with Keith Ellison at a Network for Spiritual Progressive conference to bemoan “Our cultural additions to oil, money and war” and “start down a new road of simplicity, nonviolence and stewardship” of the earth. This group’s website for Spiritual Progressives calls for a “revolution.” Note that this is not just political, but it says spiritual progressives. The intent is to blend the two into one big movement.
Anti-Semitic Spiritual/Political Progressives
Wiliamson’s associate Keith Ellison has been a controversial political figure. He has often been in the news this past year over allegations of emotional and physical domestic abuse. His past record is complicated by his defense of Louis Farrakhan, whose horrific Anti-Semitic views are extraordinarily well-documented. Ellison has also backed the idea of Peace Department.
This agenda is becoming politically mainstream. Williamson’s Peace Alliance bragged that it had achieved considerable impact when the “CA Democratic Party Adopts Wide-Ranging Peacebuilding Platform” in 2014. Such activism cloaks Williamson’s more insidious associations.
Perhaps even more chilling than Marianne Williamson’s involvement with Keith Ellison, is her longtime associate Neale Donald Walsch. Walsch’s books have provided New Agers with an extensive spiritualized justification of Hitler’s Holocaust by asserting that there is “no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ in the universe.”
Warren Smith published an important booklet titled Neale Donald Walsch, “God,” and Hitler. Here is a screen shot illustrating Walsch’s Hitler theology:
|Read the Neale Donald Walsch, “God,” and Hitler booklet HERE
Williamson’s pal Walsch has actively worked on creating a spiritualized political Left. Sixteen years ago in 2003 he founded Humanity’s Team. Shortly after this Warren Smith reported that
The expressed purpose of Humanity’s Team was “to change the world” and this was briefly outlined in New Connexion: A Journal of Conscious Evolution:
hich brings us back to Oprah. One doesn’t have to spend much time watching the news before it becomes quite evident that there is a huge field of candidates in the Democrat Party for 2020 and none of them currently seem to be generating a whole lot of excitement. Thus there murmurings (or “longings”) about a draft-Oprah campaign. Here’s the gist of it:
|Will she or won’t see?
There are even campaign buttons and gadgets to help promote a run for Oprah. In our day and age of media personalities entering public office Oprah possesses the mainstream name identification and popularity that could easily win over a large segment of the voting public. This past Fall she even hit the campaign trail on behalf of Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams (D). But so far Oprah claims “God” hasn’t told her to run for President.[30 Of course the main problem with Oprah, as has been well-documented by Warren Smith, is just exactly who her “God” might be. Warren Smith even wrote a booklet about this titled Oprah Winfrey’s New Age “Christianity” and the Emperor’s New Clothes.
Establishment Media Tolerating New Age Dominionism
It could be that Marianne Williamson is a front man for Oprah. Or maybe Williamson is serious and really wants to be President. Or she could be hoping to become Oprah’s running mate. Or more likely she is gunning for a cabinet level position to head up a newly created Peace Department in the Oprah administration. Quite possibly she is plowing the ground in Iowa and other early voting states to generate interest in her blend of New Age spiritual politics. Williamson could also be pounding the drumbeat to include a progressive spiritual component to the Democratic Party’s political platform for 2020. It is well known that politicians running for office have great influence over the contents of political party platforms.
Regardless of which of these scenarios might play out, it is likely that the establishment media will not conduct a close scrutiny of Williamson, nor her controversial anti-Semitic associations, nor her spiritually progressive platform of New Age politics. So far she is getting a free pass. After all, many of political progressives, including those who are openly anti-Semitic, are getting free passes right now as the establishment media conveniently turns a deaf ear.
|Marianne Williamson posing in front of a Buddha
Yet she bears watching because Willliamson is running on pure New Age spiritual juice, proclaiming as she launches her exploratory committee that
“I look forward to to speak into a new America listening – one that is ready to look past an old, mechanistic political paradigm and embrace a more forward-thinking, holistic and deeply democratic frame of mind. As Americans, we have some issues to clean up from the past, some new beginnings to co-create the future, and a new era of citizenship to forge within ourselves.”
Reading these words closely, and recognizing that many of these words now contain explicit political and/or spiritual agenda new meanings, this statement could potentially represent a forged consensus of the radical Left with the radical New Age. If so, this represents a uniquely New Age form of political progressivism. This is a dangerous mixture evidencing a whole new form of Dominionism (i.e., mixing spirituality with political power).
It appears that the progressive Left is perfectly willing to accept politicians who have revolutionary views. So Marianne Williamson may be on tap to pump in an infusion of spirituality to justify certain components of their extremism. “God’s” seal of approval. God’s mandate. After all, this isn’t anything new. We’ve already seen this very thing happen on the political Right.
“cursed be every one that curseth thee,
and blessed be he that blesseth thee.”
(Isaac blessing Jacob, Genesis 27:29b)
Keep an eye on the rise of New Age spirituality in the progressive political realm. There is a very offensive component to it, namely the close ties these leaders have to anti-Semitism. There is also a strong pro-abortion component to it. Watch the development of their actual spiritual political platform. New Age leaders have been quite prolific over the years in writing about their agenda for a New Age New World Order. Under their plan (Alice Bailey called it “The Plan”) there will be no freedom of religion or speech. Read the following that Warren Smith published in his booklet Neale Donald Walsch, “God,” and Hitler:
|Read the entire booklet HERE
1. Kerensa Cadenas, “Marianne Willson, Friend of Oprah, Is Running for President,” Nov. 17, 2018, Vanity Fair, https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/11/marianne-williamson-oprah-winfrey-president-2020
2. Brianne Pfannenstiel, “Author, entrepreneur Marianne Williamson forms presidential exploratory committee, visits Iowa,” Des Moines Register, November 16, 2018, https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/16/marianne-williamson-explores-presidential-run-iowa-caucus-caucuses-trump-democrats-president/2029590002/
3. Warren B. Smith, “Happy New Year form the New Age ‘Christ’!” Herescope, January 3, 2008, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2008/01/happy-new-year-from-new-age-christ.html See also the earlier report “Oprah and Friends” To Teach Course on New Age Christ,” Herescope, November 9, 2007, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2007/11/oprah-and-friends-to-teach-course-on.html To really get the gist of what the Course In Miracles teaches, see the March 28, 2008 post “What Is Oprah Teaching About EASTER?” http://herescope.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-oprah-teaching-about-easter.html
4. You can buy your Oprah campaign ware at https://www.cafepress.com/bytelandart/5574857. Notice the Peace theme.
5. This blog has reported extensively on the agenda of religious political Dominionism over the years, but primarily examining the radical agenda of certain elements of the Christian Right. However, the New Age Movement also has an agenda that merges politics with religion, and we have also reported on this, too. In particular the extensive influence of Marilyn Ferguson’s groundbreaking book The Aquarian Conspiracy: Personal and Social Transformation in the 1980s. See, for example, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2016/02/7-mountain-politics-and-theology.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2016/03/kings-and-priests.html. For background read: http://www.discernment-ministries.org/ChristianImperialism.htm or http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/05/sarah-leslie/dominionism.htm. For New Age significance, read this comprehensive overview: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2014/06/evolution-new-age-movement.html
6. Warren B. Smith, Reinventing Jesus Christ: The New Gospel (Conscience Press, 2002), p. 41, quoting from Marianne Williamson, Imagine: What America Could Be in the 21st Century (U.S.A.: Rodale, Inc.: Daybreak imprint, 2000), p. 413. Williamson is still listed with the Peace Alliance as Emeritus Chair: https://peacealliance.org/team/marianne-williamson/
7. See the Chapter 6 and its Update for Reinventing Jesus Christ at http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/f/reinventing-jesus-christ.pdf and http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/reinventing-jesus-christ-global-renaissance.html
8. Quote from book promo at Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0062873938/?coliid=I10Z49E7XB9X0N&colid=3D6I4AQB5RBZZ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. Marianne Williamson, A Politics of Love: A Handbook for a new American Revolution, HarperCollins Publishers, set to be released on April 23, 2019. This book is but one of a series of books that Marianne Williamson has authored that mixes politics with her New Age religion. See her author page at Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Marianne-Williamson/e/B00455T7KU/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1
9. See the Chapter 6 of Reinventing Jesus Christ at http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/f/reinventing-jesus-christ.pdf The quotation is from Marianne Williamson, Healing the Soul of America: Reclaiming Our Voices as Spiritual Citizens (New York: Simon & Schuster, 2000), p. 195. Also see Smith’s Update to Chapter 6: http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/reinventing-jesus-christ-global-renaissance.html
10. See Williamson’s current announcement at sistergiant.com.
11. “Best-selling author Marianne Williamson running for US House seat in California,” captured on October 21, 2013 at https://allvoices.com/contributed-news/15786675-bestselling-author-marianne-williamson-running-for-house-seat-in-california
http://marianneforcongress.com is now redirected to: https://marianne.com.
12. Graphic is archived here: http://sistergiant.com/page/4/?s=sistergiant&search_404=1.
13. Ibid. This conference is described, “We are bringing together speakers representing everything form a deeper archetypal understanding of our predicament to the most effective ways to politically resist it.” Williamson refers to this as the “Great Resistance.”
14. See: https://dreamvisions7radio.com/creating-a-politics-of-love-marianne-williamsons-sister-giant-2017-featuring-keynote-by-senator-bernie-sanders/.
15. Sister Giant 2015 is archived here: https://marianne.com/sister-giant-two-day-recorded-conference/ and see the conference schedule here: http://sistergiant.com/conference-schedule/
16. The Love America Tour was launched in 2018 according to Wikipedia Marianne Williamson page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Williamson
17. This Gandhi quote can be found in numerous places as Williamson frequently uses it, but here is one source: https://dreamvisions7radio.com/creating-a-politics-of-love-marianne-williamsons-sister-giant-2017-featuring-keynote-by-senator-bernie-sanders/
18. See the Chapter 7 Update in Warren Smith’s book Reinventing Jesus Christ: The New Gospel posted here. There is a subsection titled “Dennis Kucinich and the Peace Department.” http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/reinventing-jesus-christ-new-gospel-campaign-peace.html See the agenda here: http://www.albanyca.org/home/showdocument?id=1832 and
19. John Dear, “Tikkun Rally at the White House,” June 22, 2010, https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/road-peace/tikkun-rally-white-house
20. See this webpage: https://spiritualprogressives.org. It is beyond the scope of this current article to delve into the significance of this organization and its agenda, connected with Rabbi Michael Lerner of Tikkun Magazine.
21. See, for example, Stephen Montemayor, “Keith Ellison defeats Doug Wardlow in Minnesota attorney general race, Nov. 7, 2018, Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com/keith-ellison-elected-minnesota-attorney-general-over-doug-wardlow/499701441/ There have been allegations of a cover-up of this abuse. See, for example the AP story titled “Minneapolis police won’t investigate Keith Ellison abuse allegations, cite conflict of interest,” Washington Times, October 3, 2018, https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/3/minneapolis-police-wont-investigate-karen-monahans/ and “Keith Ellison abuse claim unsubstantiated, attorney concludes,” NBC News, Oct. 2, 2018, https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/keith-ellison-abuse-claim-unsubstantiated-attorney-concludes-n915491
22. Seth McLaughlin, “Keith Ellisons black nationalist past haunts bid to lead DNC,” December 21, 2016, The Washington Times, https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/21/keith-ellisons-black-nationalist-past-haunts-bid-t/
and more recently see, for example, “”RJC Calls on Seven Farrakhan-connected Members of Congress to Resign,” March 6, 2018, http://www.rjchq.org/rjc_calls_on_seven_farrakhan_connected_members_of_congress_to_resign
23. “Ellison is pushing for … a Cabinet-levell Department of Peace and Nonviolence” reported by Katherine Kersten, January 29, 2008, Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com/in-a-violent-world-ellison-dreams-of-peace-department/14849326/. See also the stock photo of Keith Ellison titled “Keith Ellison A peace alliance headed by Marianne Williamson, Deepak Chopra and Frances Fisher, held at the Lisner Auditorium,” 2-2-07, archived here: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-keith-ellison-a-peace-alliance-headed-by-marianne-williamson-deepak-34141947.html See also: http://sistergiant.com/congressman-keith-ellison/, His website is: https://keithellison.org
24. Nancy Merritt, CA Peace Alliance, April 3, 2014, https://peacealliance.org/ca-democratic-party-adopts-wide-ranging-peacebuilding-platform/. Note the list of political who’s who who seemingly supported these measures.
25. “NEW BOOKLET: Oprah Winfrey’s New Age ‘Christianity’ (Part 2)- Neale Donald Walsch, ‘God,’ and Hitler,” Lighthouse Trails, https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=17094
26. This quotation comes from Warren Smith’s Reinventing Jesus Christ: The New Gospel, Chapter 3 Update, published online here: http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/reinventing-jesus-christ-neale-donald-walsch.html This was also published in its entirety in the Discernment Newsletter, Sept/Oct. 2006 (Vol. 17, No.5).
27. Doug Mainwaring, “Desperate liberals in the age of Trump see ‘new age’ Oprah as their 2020 savior,” January 10, 2018, LifeSite News blog, https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/desperate-liberals-in-the-age-of-trump-see-new-age-oprah-as-their-2020-savi
28. You can buy your Oprah campaign ware at https://www.cafepress.com/bytelandart/5574857 Notice the peace theme.
29. Dan Zak, “‘Hi, I’m Oprah’: The Georgia governor’s race is at full boil – and now the cavalry has arrived,” The Washington Post, November 2, 2018, https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/hi-im-oprah-its-full-boil-insanity-in-the-georgia-governors-race–and-now-the-cavalry-has-arrived/2018/11/02/05cbc080-de39-11e8-b3f0-62607289efee_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7542c3cd539d
30. Brett Samuels, “Oprah: If I’m supposed to run for president, God has to tell me,” The Hill, 2/28/18, https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/375969-oprah-if-im-supposed-to-run-for-president-god-has-to-tell-me
31. Warren Smith, “NEW BOOKLET: Oprah Winfrey’s New Age ‘Christianity’ and the Emperor’s New Clothes,” Lighthouse Trails, https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=17043
32. Exhibit 1: This photo ironically shows up in an article in The New York Jewish Week, Dec. 3, 2018, titled “New Age Guru Marianne Williamson On Her Jewishness And 2020 Presidential Run.” For this interview Williamson divulges her own Jewish ethicity, but clearly portrays herself a New Age self-help guru. Sadly her family roots have not prevented her from openly associating with the anti-Semitic New Age leaders. https://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/new-age-guru-marianne-williamson-on-her-jewishness-and-2020-presidential-run/
33. Advertisement: “Marianne Williamson: ‘The Spirit of Democracy,'” scheduled appearance at the First Congregational Church in Sioux City, Iowa on September 13, 2018. http://evolvesiouxcity.com/an-evening-with-marianne-williamson/ Note the “‘evolve yoga & wellness” logo at this website.
34. Others have already observed this. See for example, the article in The Guardian by Sarah Smarsh titled “How the American left is rediscovering morality,” August 7, 2018, https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/04/american-left-morality-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-bernie-sanders Also see Cliff Kincaid’s analysis titled “New Agers Back Socialist Sanders as Messiah,” https://www.aim.org/aim-column/new-agers-back-socialist-sanders-as-messiah/
35. See, for example, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2016/02/7-mountain-politics-and-theology.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2016/03/kings-and-priests.html.
36. See Alan Dershowitz’s November 17, 2018 commentary “Dershowitz: Hard-Left Democrats Are ‘Tolerating Anti-Semitism’ to Avoid Being Alienated,” https://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/17/alan-dershowitz-hard-left-democrats-are-tolerating-anti-semitism-avoid-being-alienated. To understand the rise of anti-Semitism, recent articles the past few days might illustrate the seriousness of the problem: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/anti-semitic-doctor-who-threatened-jewish-patients-should-lose-medical-license and https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rashida-tlaib-accused-of-anti-semitic-slur-days-after-profane-anti-trump-tirade .
37. To understand the significance of Alice Bailey’s New Age “The Plan,” read Constance Cumbey’s groundbreaking book, The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow: The New Age Movement and Our Coming Age of Barbarism. It can be read online here: https://archive.org/stream/TheHiddenDangersOfTheRainbowTheNewAgeMovementAndOurComingAgeOfBarbarism/The%20Hidden%20Dangers%20Of%20The%20Rainbow%20%5BThe%20New%20Age%20Movement%20And%20Our%20Coming%20Age%20Of%20Barbarism%5D_djvu.txt
38. See our Herescope articles about Oprah and the abortion doctor: “Oprah Magazine: God’s ‘in’ Abortions” Herescope, Sept. 23, 2017, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2017/09/oprah-magazine-gods-in-abortions.html and “Un-Sacred Spaces: Theology to Justify Abortion,” Herescope, Dec. 2, 2017, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2017/12/un-sacred-spaces.html
A special thanks to Sue Conway, Gaylene Goodroad and Warren Smith for research assistance with this article.
via Happy New Year from the New Age “Christ” – AGAIN! — Herescope