Scripture Reading: Psalm 32:1–8
Key Verse: Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will guide you with My eye.
In seeking the Lord’s guidance, we must be careful to watch for pitfalls along our paths. Strong fleshly desires, wrong counsel, impatience, doubt, and pressures are all snares that will leave us with less than God’s best if we cave in to their temptations. These reasons are why there are certain essentials to seeking God’s guidance:
- Cleansing: Sin inhibits not your relationship with God, but your fellowship. If you are a believer, your relationship is secure. But constant sin will impede your fellowship with God, and He will not act until you walk away from the sin.
- Surrendering: God loves you and wants your best. So why not believe Him, let go of the worldly trappings you may hold so dear, and step out in faith?
- Asking: James said that we don’t have because we don’t ask or because our requests are made with wrong motives. Our heavenly Father is often just waiting for us to simply ask with a pure heart.
- Meditating: How often do you make decisions by intentionally seeking God’s promises in His Word and meditating over them?
- Believing: To believe is to trust and obey. His Word says that whoever has His commands and obeys them is the one who loves Him.
- Waiting: This is difficult. But it’s also when the Lord does His best work as sculptor of our souls.
Lord, I surrender to Your will. Cleanse me as I wait and meditate on You.