Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 2:1–5
Key Verse: 1 Corinthians 2:5
… that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
Today, let’s take a look at the characteristics of someone who is walking in faith. What will his or her life look like? God’s Word suggests that this person will generally be
- Firmly rooted in Him. A person walking in faith knows and trusts God.
- Built up in Him. This person will allow God to provide strength and inspiration for daily living.
- Established in faith. Knowing what he or she believes—based on truth of God’s Word—will provide stability and security.
- Open to instruction. Someone walking in faith will demonstrate a willingness both to be taught and to weed out false teaching or flawed ideas.
- Overflowing with gratitude. One who walks in faith will consistently demonstrate an attitude of thankfulness and praise for what God has done and continues to do.
How does your life compare to this list of qualities? As you read each one, did the Holy Spirit allow a twinge of conviction to enter your heart?
Although the process of walking in faith is a continual journey, we should seek to become stronger with each step. If you felt conviction today, allow God to use it in a constructive way. When you humble yourself before Him, He will provide His wisdom to equip you to serve Him.
Lord, I want to walk in faith, rooted and built up in You. I am grateful for Your guidance. Instruct me and lead me.