Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:14–17
Key Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Grace is God’s goodness and kindness freely extended to the utterly undeserving—you and me. Because of His grace, He offers salvation through Jesus Christ so that we might have a relationship with Him. In that relationship, His viewpoint of us has changed. God, in His grace, does these things for us:
- Declares we are righteous. Christ’s righteousness is credited as our own (2 Corinthians 5:21). The guilt and shame of sin has been removed (Romans 8:1). We can live boldly for Jesus no matter who we once were.
- Claims us as family. A spiritual adoption has taken place so that we might become children of God and call Him “Father.” No matter how insignificant the world says we are, we are to live our days remembering we’re children of the King.
- Gives us, who were spiritually dead, a new heart and a new spirit. We are born again. We have a fresh start in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Raises us out of the life we used to live into a new life with Him. The seal of this new life is the presence of the Holy Spirit, whose fruit is love, joy, and peace.
- Sets us free from the power of sin, Satan, and self. Obedience and victory become a reality as we grow in faith and trust.
Praise God for His unending grace!
Thank You for Your unending grace, Lord. Thank You for declaring me righteous and claiming me as family, providing an inheritance, setting me free from sin, and raising me from the old life to a new life.