Health Impact News Editor Comments
Dr. Oz spent considerable time covering the issue of thimerosal being used as a preservative in the annual flu vaccine. Thimerosal contains mercury, a well-known neuro-toxin. Dr. Oz interviewed Dr. Mark Hyman and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. on his show to discuss mercury in vaccines.
While it is certainly worthwhile to warn the public of the dangers of mercury in the flu vaccine, Marcella Piper-Terry of VaxTruth.org points out several facts regarding this issue that were not covered during the show, and how Dr. Oz did not exactly get his facts straight on a few things.
Sadly, this is representative of the current level of knowledge concerning vaccines both among the mainstream media and modern-day physicians. Parents of vaccine-damaged children do their homework and research well, and in many cases are more educated on this issue than both the mass media and many doctors.
It should be noted that Dr. Oz is not anti-vaccine, and he apparently required both of his guests to state that they too believe in vaccines in order to be on the show. Dr. Oz would want everyone to get the flu shot from batches where mercury is not added.
We disagree. The flu shot is the most dangerous vaccine in the U.S. even without the added mercury, and the U.S. government pays out millions of dollars in injuries and deaths due to the flu shot every year. There is also very little evidence that the flu shot is beneficial in preventing the flu, and plenty of evidence that it can make it worse.
Dr. Oz Show: Thimerosal in Flu Shots – What He Got Wrong & What You NEED to Know!
On September 11, 2014, Dr. Oz’s guests included Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Dr. Mark Hyman and the topic of discussion was thimerosal in flu vaccines. It is great to see Dr. Oz expressing concerns about thimerosal, which is 49.5% mercury and is a potent neuro-immune toxin.
Dr. Oz advised his audience that pregnant women and parents of children should request thimerosal-free flu shots so they can avoid injecting mercury into their bodies.
There is a recap here, which is pretty good. In short, all three men agreed thimerosal in vaccines is a very bad idea. All three agreed it should be removed completely, not only from vaccines, but from ALL medical products. Period.
While I appreciate the effort, there were several inaccuracies in the show, which need to be cleared up.
1. Contrary to the assertions of Oz, Hyman, and Kennedy, thimerosal has not been removed from childhood vaccinations; it’s still there. The FDA changed the rules so vaccine manufacturers do not have to include thimerosal on the label as an ingredient unless it is used as a preservative. According to the FDA, if thimerosal is used in the manufacturing process but it is not used as a preservative, the vaccine can be labeled “thimerosal-free” when that is not the case. You can read more about this semantic trickery and what it really means for your child here. The point is, several vaccines given to infants and children still contain thimerosal, including the DTaP vaccine, DT vaccine, Hib (ACTHib, TriHIBit) and Meningococcal vaccine. Click this link and scroll down in the vaccine excipients list until you get to thimerosal. (On your way to “thimerosal,” you might want to also notice all the other toxic ingredients and the vaccines that contain them.)
2. In addition to the problems with the FDA rule change, which allows vaccine-manufacturers to lie about the fact that their vaccines still contain thimerosal, Dr. Oz and his guests missed the fact that the meningococcal vaccine given to children age two years and older contains the same amount of thimerosal (50 mcg.) as the multi-dose flu shots they are so concerned about. Click this link and go to section 11, on page 17 of the Menomune manufacturer’s insert.
3. Another GLARING inaccuracy from Thursday’s Dr. Oz show was the graphic shown on the screen (See Part 1, at 2:30) stating that in 1999 thimerosal was taken out of the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine. This was a face-palm moment. Really? Dr. OZ!!! You are the most trusted television doctor in the United States and people listen to you! It’s important for you to get your facts straight. This is VACCINE INFO 101: The MMR Vaccine (measles, mumps, rubella) does not now and NEVER HAS CONTAINED THIMEROSAL!!! The MMR is a live virus vaccine and thimerosal would kill the viruses. Got it? What MMR and other live virus vaccines like the chickenpox vaccine and the shingles vaccine DO CONTAIN is the DNA from aborted human fetal tissue. Independent laboratories (conducting research that is not funded by the makers of the vaccines) have found that these vaccines are associated with autism genes in the brain; particularly with those affecting the synapse (which is responsible for processing of information). Research indicates the “recombinant homologous DNA” from aborted fetuses (their cells are used to grow the live viruses) basically “recombines” with the DNA of the recipient child and this results in an autoimmune attack on specific brain proteins. This should be another face-palm moment. When you think about autoimmunity, what is it? In layman’s terms, “Autoimmunity is when the body gets confused about self and other, and it starts to attack its own tissues.” What better way to induce autoimmunity than to inject the DNA of another human being into your body? Click this link to read the study.
4. As noted above, Dr. Oz’s only concern about the flu vaccine appears to be that it contains thimerosal. He went on to advise pregnant women to ask for thimerosal-free vaccines. What he didn’t tell his audience is that The CDC’s advisory committee on immunization practices, or the ACIP’s recommendation for ANY flu vaccine in pregnancy was not supported by their own research. The research on administration of flu vaccine (with or without thimerosal) indicates that NO Flu vaccine should be given to pregnant women. Period. Click here to read the paper.
5. Thimerosal is a toxic metal. It has no place in vaccines injected into pregnant women, infants, and children. This was the sole focus of this limited discussion, which was full of inaccuracies and omissions. One important omission is this: Aluminum is a toxic metal which causes many of the same neurological and immunological damage as mercury. It has no place in vaccines injected into pregnant women, infants and children. Aluminum is present in MANY vaccines given to infants and children at levels greatly exceeding the FDA limits for other injectable medications. Click here to learn about aluminum and how to know how much is in vaccines given to your child.
Read the Full Article Here. Reprinted with permission