This week, I am meditating on Paul’s second letter to the Thessalonian church. I believe this is most appropriate in light of our current 2020 struggles, for in this letter, Paul writes to Christians wrestling with questions like:
- What about all the wars, natural disasters, and viruses?
- What about all sin, strife, violence, injustice, and persecution?
- Are we in the end times?
- What are we to make of the “prophets” and their “words of knowledge?”
- Is the antichrist already walking about?
- Has the Lord already come; have we missed him and been left behind?
- Who’s really winning, and what’sgoing on?
This week my plan is to work through the first two chapters of 2 Thessalonians. Then, I am praying on Sunday, the Holy Spirit might allow me to greatly encourage you with the mid-letter benediction of Paul found in 2:16-17. Here is the planned track:
- Monday, September 21, (2 Thessalonians…
View original post 1,397 more words