This is my favorite debate on the resurrection.
You can watch the debate here:
There is not much snark in this summary, because Crossley is a solid scholar, and very fair with the evidence.
William Lane Craig’s opening speech
- There are four minimal facts that are accepted by most historians
- The best explanation of the four minimal facts is that God raised Jesus from the dead
Contention 1 of 2:
Fact 1: The burial
- The burial is multiply attested
- The burial is based on the early source material that Mark used for his gospel
- Scholars date this Markan source to within 10 years of the crucifixion
- The burial is also in the early passage in 1 Cor 15:3-8
- So you have 5 sources, some of which are very early
- The burial is credited to a member of the Sanhedrin
- the burial is probable because shows an enemy…
View original post 2,806 more words