Debate time! Here’s the video:
SUMMARY OF THE DEBATE
This debate summary is rated M for Moderately Snarky.
Dr. Craig’s opening speech:
- Harris and Craig agree on objective morality
- What is the foundation of morality?
- What makes certain actions right or wrong?
- if God exists, then we have a sound foundation for objective moral values and duties
- if God does not exist, then we do not have a sound foundation for objective moral values and duties
1) Theism grounds morality
Objective moral values
Theism provides sound foundation for objective moral values
– objective moral values are grounded in God
– God is the locus and paradigm of moral value
– God is, by nature, the standard for what is right and wrong
Objective moral duties
Theism provides a sound foundation for objective moral duties
– God’s nature is expressed as commands for us
– God’s commands for…
View original post 1,854 more words