You prayed, committing your life to Christ. What does the Bible say happened?
1. You are saved.
JESUS said, “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved” (John 10:9).
What did Jesus say about Himself? I am _____ __________ (to eternal life).
What will happen when a person enters through the door (receives Christ)?
He or she will _____ _________.
The BIBLE says: ”Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me” (Revelation 3:20).
The BIBLE says: “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13).
2. You are a child of God.
The BIBLE says: “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name” (John 1:12).What happened when you received Christ?
I became a ________ ____ _______.
3. You have everlasting life.
The BIBLE says: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
Now that you believe in Jesus Christ, what can you be certain of?
I have _________ _______.
To summarize, emphasize the following questions and answers:
How do you know . . . I know because . . .
you have eternal life? God said it . . . in His Word.
you will never perish? I believe it . . . in my heart.
you are safe in God’s hand? That settles it . . . in my mind.
After presenting the Gospel and confirming the decision, suggest these follow-up steps:
1. Take a firm stand for Jesus Christ; make your life count. Tell someone about your decision.
2. Read and study God’s Word.
3. Pray every day.
4. Identify with a Bible-teaching church for worship, instruction, fellowship, and service.
5. We would like to send you our Bible study booklet, Living in Christ, which will help you in your Christian life and future witness. What isyour name and address?
The Billy Graham Christian Worker’s Handbook; World Wide Publications, 1984, 1996