(For a person who has received Christ, but has doubts.)
CLAIM THESE PROMISES
1. The BIBLE says: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
What did God give to make everlasting life possible? ________ ________.
What must you do to possess everlasting life? __________ ______ ________.
What does God promise you? ____________ ________.
2. The BIBLE says: “Whoever has God’s Son has life. . . . I have written this to you who believe in the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:12–13, TLB).
If you believe in Christ, what can you know with certainty?
I have ___________ ________.
3. The BIBLE says: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who gave them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand” (John 10:27–29).
What are you promised?
• “And I give them _________ _______.”
• “And they shall _______ ________.”
• “Neither shall anyone _______ them out of My _______.”
• “No one is able to ________ them out of My Father’s _______.”
To summarize, emphasize the following questions and answers:
How do you know . . . I know because . . .
you have eternal life? God said it . . . in His Word.
you will never perish? I believe it . . . in my heart.
you are safe in God’s hand? That settles it . . . in my mind.
After discussing assurance of salvation, suggest these follow-up steps:
1. Take a firm stand for Jesus Christ; make your life count. Tell someone about your decision.
2. Read and study God’s Word.
3. Pray every day.
4. Identify with a Bible-teaching church for worship, instruction, fellowship, and service.
5. We would like to send you our Bible study booklet, Living in Christ, which will help you in your Christian life and future witness. What isyour name and address?
The Billy Graham Christian Worker’s Handbook; World Wide Publications, 1984, 1996