B.1. Bible Memory Verses
Why Memorizing Bible Verses
The word of God is like the food to our soul. These selected verses are important extracts of the entire Bible, especially targeted for Biblical Counseling Practice.
Memorizing these verses will purge and renew the intellect, the memory and the will. By the process of meditation (you speaking to God) and contemplation (God speaking to you), one will be filled with God’s precepts instead of being corrupted and constantly being tossed by the swing of the world’s value system.
Memory Verse List
- ( Eph. 2:8-9 ; Matt. 7:1 ; Matt. 7:5 ) You can change biblically
- ( 2 Tim. 3:16-17 ; 2 Cor. 3:5-6 ) Man’s way and God’s way
- ( 1 Cor. 10:13 ) Biblical dynamics of change
- ( Rom. 8:28-29 ) Biblical basis for change
- ( Eph. 4:22-24 ) Biblical structure for change
- ( Heb. 5:14 ; James 4:17 ) Biblical practice achieves lasting change
- ( Luke 9:23-24 ; Rom. 6:12-13 ) Dealing with self
- ( Eph. 4:31-32 ; James 1:19-20 ) Anger and bitterness
- ( Matt. 5:23-24 ; Eph. 4:29 ; Phil. 2:3-4 ) Interpersonal problems (love your neighbor)
15. ( Gal. 5:22-25 ) God’s standards for life
16. ( 1 John 5:3-5 ) Biblical counseling