What This Series Will Do for You
The Christian who has been living in spiritual defeat, powerless and fruitless, wondering if there is any validity to the Christian life, will find hope in these studies. The study will emphasize:
1) The distinctiveness of Christianity. No religion makes provision for the breach between God and man that the Bible calls sin. But Christianity does deal with it—not by what man can do for God, as taught in other religions, but through what God has done for man in sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins.
2) The distinctive claims of Christ. Many people believe Christ was only a good moral teacher. This study will make it clear that He claimed to be God in human form. Those who study this series will decide whether He is the true God or a liar and imposter.
3) The abundant life that God provides for every Christian through the power of the Holy Spirit. The lives of many people have been utterly transformed through an understanding of the abundant life God has for them and of the doctrine of the filling of the Holy Spirit.
4) The importance of walking daily with God. This study gives practical suggestions on how to walk daily with God. At the end of each lesson, students are challenged to apply the principles they learned. Because the studies build on each other, group members will find increasing commitment to live holy lives.
Certain basic spiritual truths, when understood and experienced by faith, bring revolutionary spiritual benefits. The proven principles in this study can help introduce non-Christians to the joyful adventure of a relationship with God.
In addition, this study is good for those who do not yet know Christ as Savior because it:
- Helps them understand the Bible
- Presents the claims and person of Christ
- Clearly shows them how to become Christians and gives them an opportunity to receive Christ
- Teaches them how to live the Christian life
The study will also benefit new Christians in the following ways:
- Aid them in their spiritual growth as they apply the principles, they learn
- Increase their familiarity with the Bible
- Teach them the basic doctrines of the Christian faith
- Help them find scriptural solutions for the problems of their lives
- Inspire and equip them to share the gospel with others
Even the more mature Christians will benefit from this series. They will grow in their faith, and they will be challenged to affirm their commitment to our Lord. For them this study will do the following:
- Provide the tools needed to help another person find Christ or to help a younger Christian grow in his faith
- Help them establish a systematic devotional and study plan
A faithful study of the Ten Basic Steps Toward Christian Maturity and of the material in this Leader’s Guide will prepare you for a more comprehensive ministry. It will focus and strengthen your own purpose, your desire to help change the world (your neighborhood, workplace, school, and other places to which God leads you) for Jesus Christ.
One of the most effective ways to introduce Jesus to others and to assist believers to grow and mature in their Christian faith is to show the thirty-minute video, “A Man Without Equal”
Questions for Reflection and Discussion:
1. What was Jesus’ greatest teaching?
Answer: (Mark 16:16; John 3:16-18) That salvation is by faith, not works. According to Romans 3:23, all of us have sinned and do not measure up to God’s standards. Sin is going our way independent of God. Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. He came to reconcile us to God.
Why was this teaching so unique?
Answer: All other major religions teach that we must work our way to God.
What does this teaching mean in your life?
Answer: It means that I can have a relationship with God without first having to make myself acceptable to Him.
2. Give several examples of how Jesus’ influence on people and nations has altered the course of history, your country, your city, your neighborhood.
3. What are people in your circle of influence saying about Jesus? What are some of the doubts you have felt about Jesus either in the past or in the present?
4. What personal feelings about Jesus were confirmed as you watched the video?
5. Jesus claimed to be the Son of God and the Savior of mankind. After viewing the video, who do you believe He is?
Answer: Jesus is the Son of God and my Savior.